Here at SunSpaces, we offer a wide range of garden awnings that can be fitted to the outside of your home to provide temporary shelter! Lots of clients prefer awnings over glass rooms and verandas because they offer a bit more flexibility.
All of our awnings are electrically operated and fully-retractable, this means you can create a covered space in your garden at the touch of a button and quickly roll it away when it's no longer needed. Awnings are a great option if you have a small garden, or if you already have a garden deck or patio installed and don't want to obstruct your garden space.
Shop Our Awnings Now >
All of our awnings are fitted with UV-resistant fabric that's available in over 250 different styles and patterns, giving homeowners the opportunity to customise their awning to suit their home exactly. We've seen people choose very modern and minimal designs, but we've also seen people choose bold, bright colours to add a playful element to their outdoor space. The options are almost endless.
Cleaning Your Awning
Awnings are often used as protection from inclement weather, and while you may think a heavy rain shower would keep them clean, this isn't always the case. When in use, awnings can become dirty and if they're rolled away over and over again, the dirt can spread and cause your entire awning to lose its appeal. Don't worry, if your awning is due a clean we can help! Follow these steps and we'll help you make your awning look as good as new again.
1. Prepare a bucket of warm soapy water. Washing up liquid, a mild laundry detergent works well.
2. Get a clean cloth nice and soapy and wipe over the awning. This should lift most surface dirt away effectively.
3. If you find that there are tough bits of dirt (or even stains) that the cloth can't lift away, we'd recommend using an awning shampoo. These are designed to penetrate deeper into the fabric.
4. Once the awning is soapy, take your garden hose and use it to rinse the fabric. We do not recommend using a pressure washer/jet wash under any circumstances. This will strip the awning of its protective coating which can lead to dirt/dust ingress. Over time, this would leave your awning looking dull and stained!
5. Happy that your awning is clean? Great! All you need to do now is leave your awning open to air dry before retracting it again.
Tip: Avoid using harsh chemicals or bleach, this will strip the awning fabric of its protective coating and will make the colour/design fade over time.
As you can see, cleaning your awning is a fairly simple job! If you'd like to add a retractable awning to your home, get in touch with the SunSpaces team today - 01727 845 788.