Adding an extension to your home is a very rewarding endeavour, but it can also be extremely challenging. Extensions often require planning permission and extensive (no pun intended!) building work, all of which will add to the already sizeable cost of the materials themselves.
Fortuantely, there is another way. We feel that SunSpaces garden structures
are the perfect alternative to standard home extensions; if you're looking for an easy, affordable way to expand your living space, our stylish, modern extensions may well be exactly what you're after.
Here are just a few of the reasons why:
- SunSpaces almost never require planning permission. In the vast majority of circumstances, our garden rooms can be installed without obtaining permission or consulting the local planning office beforehand. The only exceptions are listed buildings, conservation areas, and garden rooms that would encroach on property borders once built; if one of these applies to you, we recommend contacting the relevant planning authority before proceeding with the project.
- You can build our garden rooms yourself - no professional help is necessary! We specialise in DIY extensions, and even if you've no relevant experience whatsoever, you should find that constructing your garden room or veranda is a walk in the park. Each of our structures is supplied with a clear assembly guide and an instructional DVD to ensure that you know exactly what you're doing from start to finish. And if you'd rather leave the work to a professional, don't worry - we also offer a full Adding an extension to your home is a very rewarding endeavour, but it can also be extremely challenging. Extensions often require planning permission and extensive (no pun intended!) building work, all of which will add to the already sizeable cost of the materials themselves. Fortuantely, there is another way. We feel that SunSpaces garden rooms are the perfect alternative to standard home extensions; if you're looking for an easy, affordable way to expand your living space, our stylish, modern extensions may well be exactly what you're after. Here are just a few of the reasons why: SunSpaces almost never require planning permission. You can build our garden rooms yourself - no professional help is necessary! Our glass extensions are very cost-effective installation service.
- Our glass extensions are very cost-effective. Not only will you save money on planning permission and professional contractors, you should also find that your garden room itself costs noticeably less than the materials required for a full home extension. However, in spite of the reduced cost, your modern glass extension will still look fabulously stylish from the outside and feel wonderfully comfortable on the inside!
If you'd like to know more about SunSpaces, the products we offer, and the reasons why they're such a great alternative to normal home extensions, please get in touch today
. You can also request a FREE design
for your glass extension.
A garden room
makes a fine addition to practically any property. If you're unsure as to whether or not a garden room could benefit your home, well, allow us to tip the scales a little - here are 5 great reasons to add one ASAP!
1. Extend your living space.
By adding a SunSpace to your property, you're effectively adding an extra room to your house. This room can be used pretty much however you please - for example, as a dining room, a lounge, a playroom for the kids, or something else entirely! The sky's the limit!
2. Get more from your garden.
If you live in Britain, your garden is probably a frigid no-go zone from October to March. A garden room will allow you to enjoy your outdoor space even in colder months - SunSpaces are usable practically all year 'round, as this diagram shows:
It's all the pleasure of being in the garden without the unpleasantness of being cold!
3. Save yourself the hassle of a conservatory.
Adding a garden room to your property achieves almost exactly the same effect as adding a conservatory, and yet a garden room is significantly more cost-effective than any conservatory or orangery. It's also easier to install - planning permission is almost never required, and all SunSpaces products are supplied with instructional DVDs that allow you to build your new outdoor retreat without any professional assistance!
(Of course, if you would prefer your garden room to be installed by a professional, we do offer a full installation service throughout the UK.)
4. Create more storage space.
Starting to run out of room in your house? No need for a clear-out - the addition of a SunSpaces garden room will increase your home's storage space significantly! And don't worry about your property going missing, because our sunrooms are exceptionally secure, with lockable doors and toughened glass to prevent break-ins. 5. Increase the value of your home.
If you ever decide to up sticks and move to a new home, you should find that your garden room noticeably increases the value of the property you're trying to sell. After all, what discerning home buyer wouldn't want the extra space and versatility afforded by a SunSpaces structure?
Convinced? Ready to add a garden room to your home? Get in touch to request a quotation, or click here to order your FREE garden room design and brochure.
August has arrived once again! (Time really does fly, doesn't it?) This means that you've only got about a month of summer left to enjoy - if you haven't spent any quality time in the garden yet, now's the time to get moving!
Here are few ways in which you can get more from your garden before autumn rears its dismal head:
- Plant some flowers. Planting is a very rewarding outdoor activity, and if you want your outdoor space to be pretty and colourful through autumn and winter, now is the time to act. The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea recommends planting lilies and colchiums (also known as autumn crocus and naked lady) in August; additionally, if you want to try your hand at growing vegetables, this time of year is good for planting spinach, carrots, lettuces, and turnips.
- Make time for dinner. Outdoor dining is a luxury that we aren't often afforded here in the UK, so if you do find yourself free on a rare sunny evening, be sure to take advantage of it!
- Play with the kids. If you have children, be sure to enjoy some outdoor time spent running around with them before the weather takes a turn for the worse. We know how difficult it can be to pull them away from their screens, but if they miss out on the sunny summer fun, they'll regret it just as much as you!
- Do nothing. The garden is a great place to relax, and if you can find the time, it's always nice to just lounge in a deck chair (or, better yet, a sun lounger) and do nothing at all. Just sit back, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and chill out - you've earned it!
Of course, if you want to continue enjoying your garden after summer ends, a SunSpace
could be a great investment for you. Our garden rooms greatly extend the period during which you can enjoy your garden - more information here