A lot of people don't like bungalows, and some even use the word 'bungaloid' as a negative adjective for small buildings they find unsightly. However, it is the opinion of the SunSpaces team that lots of bungalows look very lovely indeed; those sweet little one-storey homes are cosy, comfortable, and - in the right hands - capable of looking just as stylish as any other home. Plus, those who live in bungalows don't have to worry about vacuuming the stairs, a perk that could make even the most squalid space seem appealing!
Of course, the main drawback of living in a bungalow is the lack of space. For some, that's a big part of their appeal (after all, why live in a mansion-sized property if it's just you, your partner, and your relatively few possessions?); other bungalow-dwellers, however, find themselves frustratingly limited by their ultra-compact homes.
But help is at hand. If you're looking to add a little extra space to your intimate one-storey abode, our sunrooms
are the perfect solution!
SunSpaces' stylish, easy-to-build sunrooms are great for bungalows because...
- They generally require no planning permission (unless built on a border)
- They can be installed without any professional help (each one comes with an assembly guide and instructional DVD to help you get the job done)
- They cost significantly less than conservatories
- They look great and can be used in all sorts of ways (if you'd like some suggestions, click here)
Are you running out of space in your home? One solution is to have a big clear-out and take all that clutter to the charity shops; however, we appreciate that some people get quite attached to their clutter, and if you don't want to throw out all the stuff you've amassed over the years, there is another way to create some space.
That's right - a garden room
! If you have a reasonably-sized back garden, your property is already equipped with plenty of potential storage space that you're most likely not using, and the best way to make the most of this outdoor space is to fill part of it with a sturdy, stylish garden structure from SunSpaces. Installing one of our garden rooms will give you a safe and secure storage space that's protected from the elements and actually improves
the appearance (and resale value!) of your property.
Our garden rooms are easy to install and almost never require planning permission. Click here
to find out more about the storage possibilities afforded by a SunSpaces garden structure, or give us a call on 029 2080 3755
(Cardiff office) or 01753 575102
(Slough office) to request a quotation.
Everything you need to know about our gorgeous garden rooms!
We think that our garden rooms largely speak for themselves; easy to build and even easier on the eyes, they make a wonderful addition to any property and enable you to spend much more time in your outdoor living space.
However, we appreciate that you may have a few questions to ask before you commit to purchasing a garden room of your own, and we'd like to do whatever we can to answer them and put your mind at ease. To that end, here are the answers to some the questions we're always being asked...
Q: What is a garden room?
A: A garden room is an outdoor structure that can be either be built against the outer wall of your property or detached
as a standalone feature. Our garden rooms are available with either sliding walls
or fixed panels
; either way, your garden room will allow you to get a lot more from your outdoor space, keeping you warm, dry and comfortable even when the weather is bad.
Examples of our garden rooms
Q: What's the difference between a garden room and a veranda?
A: Simply put, a garden room has walls/windows while a veranda is open-sided. Click here
to learn more about our verandas.
Q: Can I install a SunSpaces garden room myself?
A: Yes! Our garden rooms come with instructional DVDs and clear assembly guidelines, so you should find it easy to construct your new extension without any professional help. However, we do have an in-house installation team
who will be more than happy to do the work for you if that's what you'd prefer.
Q: Do I need planning permission for a garden room?
A: No, except in certain circumstances. As a general rule, planning permission is only required if you live in a conservation area or listed building, or if your garden room would cross a property border. You may wish to check with your local planning authority before purchasing a garden room, just to make sure.
Q: What sizes are available?
A: Our garden rooms come in a number of 'standard' sizes, but we can provide bespoke solutions if your project goes beyond our usual dimensions. Feel free to contact us
for further details.
Q: What colours do SunSpaces offer?
A: We offer three colours as standard: Graphite Grey, Cream, and White. A wide range of alternative RAL colours are available for a small additional charge.
Q: How much does a garden room cost?
A: This depends on the size of your garden room, as well as on several other variables. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
to get a free, no-obligation quotation for your extension.
Do you have any other questions about our garden rooms? Get in touch now, or click here to request a FREE design for your garden room!
Adding an extension to your home is a very rewarding endeavour, but it can also be extremely challenging. Extensions often require planning permission and extensive (no pun intended!) building work, all of which will add to the already sizeable cost of the materials themselves.
Fortuantely, there is another way. We feel that SunSpaces garden structures
are the perfect alternative to standard home extensions; if you're looking for an easy, affordable way to expand your living space, our stylish, modern extensions may well be exactly what you're after.
Here are just a few of the reasons why:
- SunSpaces almost never require planning permission. In the vast majority of circumstances, our garden rooms can be installed without obtaining permission or consulting the local planning office beforehand. The only exceptions are listed buildings, conservation areas, and garden rooms that would encroach on property borders once built; if one of these applies to you, we recommend contacting the relevant planning authority before proceeding with the project.
- You can build our garden rooms yourself - no professional help is necessary! We specialise in DIY extensions, and even if you've no relevant experience whatsoever, you should find that constructing your garden room or veranda is a walk in the park. Each of our structures is supplied with a clear assembly guide and an instructional DVD to ensure that you know exactly what you're doing from start to finish. And if you'd rather leave the work to a professional, don't worry - we also offer a full Adding an extension to your home is a very rewarding endeavour, but it can also be extremely challenging. Extensions often require planning permission and extensive (no pun intended!) building work, all of which will add to the already sizeable cost of the materials themselves. Fortuantely, there is another way. We feel that SunSpaces garden rooms are the perfect alternative to standard home extensions; if you're looking for an easy, affordable way to expand your living space, our stylish, modern extensions may well be exactly what you're after. Here are just a few of the reasons why: SunSpaces almost never require planning permission. You can build our garden rooms yourself - no professional help is necessary! Our glass extensions are very cost-effective installation service.
- Our glass extensions are very cost-effective. Not only will you save money on planning permission and professional contractors, you should also find that your garden room itself costs noticeably less than the materials required for a full home extension. However, in spite of the reduced cost, your modern glass extension will still look fabulously stylish from the outside and feel wonderfully comfortable on the inside!
If you'd like to know more about SunSpaces, the products we offer, and the reasons why they're such a great alternative to normal home extensions, please get in touch today
. You can also request a FREE design
for your glass extension.