(Pictured: Aspire Veranda)
A veranda is a structure built to the front, side or rear part of your house designed to provide you with shelter or used as a sun trap.
Types of verandas
It is rare to find verandas that are identical. This is because they tend to be customized to suit the owners’ needs. However, there are 2 main types of verandas;
Traditional or Victorian Veranda - Made from wrought iron, these verandas tend to have a roof containing glass panels and columns with quarter arches at the top.
Contemporary Veranda - Ideal for the more modern property, these sleek verandas have a durable, sleek aluminium structure, with either glass or polycarbonate roof panels.
The purpose of a veranda
Verandas usually often serve a variety of purposes, depending on the reasons and places fitted. The main reasons, however, are to provide an outdoor shelter where you can enjoy your outdoor area regardless of the weather conditions prevailing. Secondly, verandas enhance the look of your home. We can help you decide upon the best design to suit your property to provide a SunSpace that accentuates the look of your home.
The benefits of a veranda
You might be wondering why you should install a veranda to your home. Well, there are a variety of benefits to reap from the installation of a veranda:
- An additional room - An additional room is always a bonus for any family home. This added space can be used to put your feet up or even as a children's play area. This added space will serve as a great place to dine with the family and spend time with each other, just as your garden is in the summertime. You can also use the additional space for storage, where you can have peace of mind knowing your items are safe from the rain.
- Entertainment - Hosting social events is often a great challenge. The addition of the veranda provides all essential outdoor space under cover for those inclement British days. Ideal as a shelter from those scorching days (we hope!) or as protection for those breezy days, the veranda space can be used for dining requirements, for lounging requirements, or a place for the kids to play.
- Aesthetics - Ever noticed the difference between homes with verandas and those without? A house with a veranda looks complete and pleasing to look at. A veranda adds charm and a feeling of completeness to a house. Though verandas come in different styles, the end result is the same… the aesthetics are enhanced!
- Value - In terms of real estate, an exterior addition to a property most often makes the difference in prices. A veranda can boost the value of a house by up to £15,493.80. It not only improves the aesthetics of a house but it can also double up as an additional room.
- Space - Living with family is a wonderful experience, you get to watch your kids play around and also as they grow older. But sometimes you need a getaway place to reflect and do your work. A veranda provides the getaway space that you need! The additional space is ideal for enjoying a quiet time without the pressures of other family members. A veranda can also serve as an additional storage space for items like bicycles and toys.
With the information on verandas, it is prudent to fit one in your home. You will not regret the choice. Need further information on why you should choose a veranda for your home? Click below to contact us or view our range of Verandas!
Contact Us > Browse Verandas >
Having a practical and welcoming dining area in your home is essential, especially if you regularly entertain guests. Finding the best dining solution is often tough and most people want to make the most of their available space. Creating a SunSpace dining toom allows you to feel in touch with your garden and protected from the elements while you and your guests relax and share a meal.
Adding an outdoor dining room creates a homely feel to any garden, patio, or exterior space. The transparent and translucent roof options let in a huge amount of natural light. You can eat breakfast in the morning sun, dinner while watching the sunset or enjoy drinks while admiring the stars at night, all from the comfort of your SunSpace. Our CAD specialists will help you design an outdoor dining area that will optimise the available space that you have in your garden, so don't worry if your garden is an unusual shape or size.
We pride ourselves on offering a solution to all-year-round outdoor dining. Most of us totally dismiss the idea of eating outside as soon as the Autumn and Winter months come around. With SunSpaces' garden rooms there is no need to disregard the garden as an enjoyable and beautiful place to dine, at any time of the year.
Most of the garden rooms we offer require no planning permission and can be easily assembled without the need for builders, making them an incredibly hassle-free way to expand and enhance your dining room.
Why not accessorise your SunSpace with remote controlled lights and heaters to create a delightfully cosy atmosphere?
View our Outdoor Heaters here >
We are proud to provide additional outdoor space for enjoying time with loved ones. Order your Free brochure and 3D design to help transform your outdoor living space, or if you have any further questions.
Contact Us Here >
As temperatures plummet, garden rooms, verandas and extensions are often abandoned for the cosy indoors. We think this is a great shame and it doesn’t have to be the case! We can make your sunspace just as comfortable as your living room with our outdoor heaters.
Outdoor Heaters from SunSpaces
Here at SunSpaces, we have a range of outdoor heaters, including Model 8 shown above. This model is excellent if you love to host guests in the winter months. It’s remote controlled, has built-in App/Bluetooth capabilities, speakers and LED’s for ambient lighting. Click here to find out more.
We think that these outdoor heaters would make an excellent Christmas gift for someone who isn’t currently utilising their outdoor space throughout the winter. Why not treat someone to this Model 5 heater? It’s remote controlled and has an excellent range of 20mᵌ.
These heaters are compatible with most of SunSpaces’ outdoor structures. If you wish to purchase an outdoor heater or have any questions about any other of SunSpaces’ products, do not hesitate to contact us – Call: 029 2080 3756 or Email: email@example.com. Alternatively, pop into one of our showrooms. Find out where your local showroom is here.
Ever wondered exactly how much sunshine the UK sees in a year? Or how often in rains?
Take a look at our infographic to learn what 'typical British weather' really means...and how SunSpaces garden buildings can protect you from it!
Beating the British Weather
British weather can be extremely unpredictable, but whether it's hot, cold, dry or wet, it shouldn't stop you from going outside and enjoying your garden.
Here at SunSpaces, we provide garden buildings that protect you from the elements and help you to stay warm even when the sun's gone down. Read on to find out what our garden rooms and verandas can do!
In the UK, we get an average of...
- 1493 hours (62.2 days) of sunshine per year
- 13 hours of daylight on a spring day
- 16 hours of daylight on a summer day
- 10 hours of daylight on an autumn day
- 8 hours of daylight on a winter day
- 133 rainy days per year
Average Temperature in °C
- January: 6.4°C
- February: 6.6°C
- March: 9.1°C
- April: 11.8°C
- May: 15.6°C
- June: 18.6°C
- July: 20.4°C
- August: 20.1°C
- September: 17.5°C
- October: 14.0°C
- November: 9.4°C
- December: 7.3°C
Using your garden...even when the weather's disappointing!
With SunSpaces, you can utilise your garden space and enjoy the outdoors even when it's cold and/or wet.
Our garden rooms are suitable for all weather types. You can sit and relax in your garden whatever the weather!
- Weather protection
- Enjoy your outdoor space in a whole new way
- Ideal for a variety of different uses
- An unobstructed view of your garden
- Stay dry when it rains
- Great for outdoor get-togethers
- Great for spring and summer
- Protect yourself from the sun's rays
- Also shelters you in light rain
- Versatile and can be used all year round
- Protection from the elements
- Open the doors when it's sunny
- Great for late evening meals
Please note that we can supply heaters with all of our garden structures.
Visit www.sunspaces.co.uk to request your FREE information pack!
Dorothy wasn’t lying when she said “there’s no place like home” – that’s why we provide awning house attachments to help you extend home that little bit further. Our vast range of Awnings come in a variety of styles to meet your wants and needs. Attaching an awning to your house will give you all the benefits of an outdoor experience, but with the added comforts of home! Read on to find 3 huge benefits of fitting an awning house attachment to your home:
The House and Beyond
One obvious benefit of house-suited awnings is the extra space they provide. Whether you like to host parties or simply want a comfortable, communal spot to spend quality time with the family, adding an awning attachment to your house will increase the livable space available to you. For those of you who like to enjoy the garden after dark, check out our Lite Awnings – they are fitted with LED lights meaning the party doesn’t stop till you do.
Whatever the Weather
In Britain we’re used to unpredictable weather; one minute the sun is out, the next rain is pouring. Luckily, retractable awnings give you the power to stay comfortable regardless of the weather. Adding a Retractable Awning to the back of your house means you can remain outside if the heat gets too much, or if the rain starts to fall. Either way, adding an awning to your home definitely means more fresh air for you!
Stylish and Practical
Fashionistas might tell you there’s no such thing as stylish and sensible – luckily, this isn’t the case when it comes to awnings. Adding an awning to your house not only transforms the space between your home and garden, it also offers a lot of protection. From decking & garden furniture to windows & conservatories awnings add an extra layer of protection that will maintain the quality of your home for longer – all with no extra work.
Whatever your need, finding an awning to attach to your house is easy when SunSpace offers so many styles to enhance your house and garden! For a free information pack just visit this page!