(Pictured: Aspire Veranda)
A veranda is a structure built to the front, side or rear part of your house designed to provide you with shelter or used as a sun trap.
Types of verandas
It is rare to find verandas that are identical. This is because they tend to be customized to suit the owners’ needs. However, there are 2 main types of verandas;
Traditional or Victorian Veranda - Made from wrought iron, these verandas tend to have a roof containing glass panels and columns with quarter arches at the top.
Contemporary Veranda - Ideal for the more modern property, these sleek verandas have a durable, sleek aluminium structure, with either glass or polycarbonate roof panels.
The purpose of a veranda
Verandas usually often serve a variety of purposes, depending on the reasons and places fitted. The main reasons, however, are to provide an outdoor shelter where you can enjoy your outdoor area regardless of the weather conditions prevailing. Secondly, verandas enhance the look of your home. We can help you decide upon the best design to suit your property to provide a SunSpace that accentuates the look of your home.
The benefits of a veranda
You might be wondering why you should install a veranda to your home. Well, there are a variety of benefits to reap from the installation of a veranda:
- An additional room - An additional room is always a bonus for any family home. This added space can be used to put your feet up or even as a children's play area. This added space will serve as a great place to dine with the family and spend time with each other, just as your garden is in the summertime. You can also use the additional space for storage, where you can have peace of mind knowing your items are safe from the rain.
- Entertainment - Hosting social events is often a great challenge. The addition of the veranda provides all essential outdoor space under cover for those inclement British days. Ideal as a shelter from those scorching days (we hope!) or as protection for those breezy days, the veranda space can be used for dining requirements, for lounging requirements, or a place for the kids to play.
- Aesthetics - Ever noticed the difference between homes with verandas and those without? A house with a veranda looks complete and pleasing to look at. A veranda adds charm and a feeling of completeness to a house. Though verandas come in different styles, the end result is the same… the aesthetics are enhanced!
- Value - In terms of real estate, an exterior addition to a property most often makes the difference in prices. A veranda can boost the value of a house by up to £15,493.80. It not only improves the aesthetics of a house but it can also double up as an additional room.
- Space - Living with family is a wonderful experience, you get to watch your kids play around and also as they grow older. But sometimes you need a getaway place to reflect and do your work. A veranda provides the getaway space that you need! The additional space is ideal for enjoying a quiet time without the pressures of other family members. A veranda can also serve as an additional storage space for items like bicycles and toys.
With the information on verandas, it is prudent to fit one in your home. You will not regret the choice. Need further information on why you should choose a veranda for your home? Click below to contact us or view our range of Verandas!
Contact Us > Browse Verandas >