For many people in the UK, the 19th of July signals the end of all coronavirus restrictions. In England, face coverings are no longer mandatory, social distancing is no longer required and indoor & outdoor gatherings can be as big as you please.
While many people are glad to see the back of the COVID-19 restrictions, a lot of people are still very anxious about the return to a more 'normal' way of living. To answer the question, do we still have to meet outdoors? the answer is no, wherever you live in the UK you can now meet with people indoors or in public places like pubs and restaurants if you wish. The exact number of people you can meet with depends on where you live (we'll get into this in more detail later).
So should you continue to meet outdoors if COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted? Many would agree that meeting outdoors is still preferable, even though it's no longer a legal requirement. Here's why:
- The risk of transmission is greatly reduced when you meet with people in an outdoor area
- The hot weather makes meeting outdoors a preferable option
Meet outdoors with a SunSpace
If you'd prefer to meet your friends and family outdoors for a few more weeks, despite the relaxed restrictions, then we'd highly recommend making the most of your garden space with one of our garden rooms, verandas or awnings. Here in the UK, we either seem to have an unbearably hot heatwave or a sudden spell of bad weather - it's hard to tell what's coming next! Either way, having a sheltered space in your garden can make entertaining guests much more pleasurable.
Our glass garden rooms are perfect for entertaining guests & can be used all year round! You can customise your glass garden room to have sliding doors (like the one shown above) allowing plenty of fresh air to circulate, which is perfect if you're still taking COVID-19 precautions or just trying to relax in the heat. In the colder months, you can close all the doors and enjoy a sheltered space without worrying about rain or snow.
For something a little more open and airy, our garden verandas are an excellent option. We offer these attached to your home, or as free-standing structures in other areas of your garden. If you're looking to make better use of your garden, installing one of our verandas at the bottom of the garden can make the un-used space instantly more appealing.
If you're someone who wants a less permenant shade solution, our motorised awnings are perfect. These streamlined structures can be used to provide the perfect amount of shade or cover over your garden seating area, meaning your garden parties are never ruined. When you're finished, you can retract your awning and enjoy your beautiful garden - undisturbed.
What are the current COVID-19 restrictions in your country?
- As of the 19th July, almost all legal restrictions have been lifted
- The "rule of six" has been scrapped
- There's no limits on capacity at events
- Face coverings are no longer mandatory
- As of the 17th July, up to 6 people from different households can meet indoors
- There's no limit to the number of people who can meet outdoors
- 2m social distancing still applies in most settings, although there are exemptions
- Scotland entered "protection level 0" on the 19th July
- Up to 8 people can meet in private homes
- Up to 10 people can meet in public indoor spaces
- Up to 15 people from 15 households can meet outdoors
- 6 people from 2 households can meet in private homes
- 6 people (or 10 from a single household) can meet at pubs, restaurants, outdoors and indoors
- 2 metre social distancing is still in place
- you can be 1 metre apart at indoor attractions eg. cinemas
While meeting outdoors may no longer be mandatory, it's definitely advised if you want to continue taking COVID-19 precautions & is certainly preferable while we're having a heatwave! Why would you want to be cooped up indoors anyway?