are hiring! The UK's leading supplier of self-build garden rooms and verandas is seeking a skilled Design & Specification Technician
; the successful candidate will join our team in Cardiff with a starting salary of £18-20K per year.
Here's what you need to know about the role:
Our Design & Specification Technician will be responsible for delivering project designs and carrying out site survey visits for SunSpaces' clients nationwide. This job will require you to travel across the UK, although the majority of our projects are based in South Wales and Southern England.
We will expect the successful candidate to have good design skills and customer relationship skills, as well as the ability to take accurate survey information. Your duties will include:
- Fast turnaround of basic design requests
- Specifying company products (garden rooms, verandas, outdoor flooring materials, etc.) for potential projects
- Generating detailed designs/plans for clients
- Completing material 'take off' requirements
- Assisting other members of the SunSpaces team with construction plans, specification, customer designs, etc.
- Undertaking other duties as required to ensure the smooth running of the business
- Good knowledge of SketchUp Pro, Autocad, and similar software
- Ability to complete site survey visits and collect accurate data
- Strong design ability
- Full, clean driving licence.
This role is based in Cardiff, South Wales. Working hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, with a 30 minute lunch break each day. You will receive 25 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays).